Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Royal We

Rockin' the violin and guitars at the same time, The Royal We are a really cool band that puts out some awesome music.  The Royal We's title album is a really great one.  The guitar parts are catchy and fun, especially on songs like All the Rage, I Hate Rock N Roll (my personal favorite on the album), and French Legality.  The violin adds a unique sound that adds a lot to the guitar sound, creating a lighter vibe to the Royal We's songs.  On the track, That Ain't My Sweet Love, the violin practically makes the song.  The Royal We are a really solid band that have fun songs and a lot of promise.  I have to admit I'm sometimes not too impressed with the singer's voice; something about it just seems flimsy to me, though it's not at all bad (and you can have good songs even with a not so great voice, case and point Wreckless Ericl; check out his stuff with Amy Rigby.) The syncopated drums are also pretty cool on Three Is a Crowd.  The Royal We are a really fun band and I advise you! to check out their music; they've got a few more albums besides the title album that are also quite good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment