Sunday, May 24, 2009

JF Robitaille Review

Ok, so JF Robitaille's EP The Blood In My Body is arguably the prettiest music I have ever heard in my life.  The whole album is acoustic and most of the album is in 3/4 which gives it a nice waltz quality.  Clocking in at a grand total of about 15 minutes, this album will do nothing but leave you wanting more and more and more of Robitaille's simplistic and beautiful acoustic guitar and voice. My favorite songs off this EP are the title track, The Blood In My Body, and Famous Blue Raincoat, with honorobal mention to the one *slightly* louder song, New York.  The Blood In My Body is a beautiful song, and unfortunately, it is also the shortest on the album, only lasting one minute and 48 seconds (but a beautiful and great one minute and 48 seconds!) Famous Blue Raincoat is a lovely, very personal ballad written originally by Leonard Cohen.  It's been covered multiple times, and without even hearing all the versions I can confidently tell you JF Robitaille does it the best. So if you're looking for some music to listen to as you go to sleep, or when you're sitting in bed with a book as it rains, or just really into beautiful acoustic music, check out JF Robitaille, and hope and hope for a full album soon like I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment