Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Bravery - The Sun and the Moon Review

Hey earthlings who happen to still be checking up on this website. It's been a while since I've written here, I just sorta fell out of the habit for a bit. Anyhow, I am back today, though I'll be gone for the next week (to New Hampshire!) to relate to you all the pure awesomeness of The Bravery. Really, really cool alternative rock band. All their songs on their album, The Sun and the Moon, are solid, but I have a few favorites. Let's start with the first song after the intro. The song Believe is a really cool song; solid all around, with a catchy tune and good use of some synth stuff. The very next song on the album is another favorite! This Is Not the End is a really good song; thoughtful and interesting lyrics, and a cool shuffle beat add to its greatness! The strongest point of this song is, without a doubt, it's terrific chorus, which is totally awesome. I'm also a fan of the lighter and "pop-ier" Bad Sun, its synth and techno beat create an interesting sound. Tragedy Bound is another great song; a tragic ballad about a girl with a painful past. The acoustic guitar in the middle of the album breaks the electric sound up nicely. The quieter nature of the track also allows for a display of lead singer Sam Endicott's excellent voice. Fistful of Sand gets honorable mention for being yet another great song on this album; another example of The Bravery's use of synth without being a synth band, and their talent for interesting lyrics and excellent chorus parts. Last but not least, The Ocean is an incredibly appropriate finishing track for this album. A soft ballad describing a man's questioning of what might have been, The Bravery's talent for lyrics is again displayed. This song is my favorite on the album, the utterly simple chorus gives me chills frequently. That pretty much does it for this album; their are plenty of songs on it other than the ones I've described, and they all kick ass, these are just the best in my opinion/my personal favorites. GET THIS ALBUM, IT IS AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment